Fish to Fork returns to our shores May 5-8, 2016, at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort. Enjoy an unmatched foodie experience as we welcome six chefs from across the nation to compete in the ultimate cooking showdown.
With sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful tree canopies as a backdrop, this weekend offers an unforgettable experience, including true dock-to-dish specialties in a fun, interactive atmosphere. Event guests will see chefs present their best fishing and culinary skills, ultimately tested with a live vote.
are selling out fast. Here are the top events not to miss:
- VIP package (SOLD OUT) guests will enioy a special Chefs' Welcome Dinner (Thursday, May 5) at Walker's Landing. The event will feature live music, hand-crafted cocktails and a sunset dinner over the Intracoastal Waterway. On this night, the Chefs will randomly select their charters for the next morning of fishing along the coast.
- On Friday (May 6), VIP guests will then join their chefs on board for a day of fishing excursions, with local species that include Atlantic Grouper, Red Drum, Black Sea Bass, Flounder and Skate, all to be served up on Saturday. Those VIPs who opt to stay on land can take part in a lunch at Oceanside, overlooking the Atlantic.
- The VIP experience continues with an intimate, five-course dinner with wine pairings at Sunrise Cafe (Friday, May 6), also available with the Weekend Package experience.
- At the Sprouting Project Lunch (Saturday, May 7) guests will be transported to the clandestine Sprouting Project, an aquaponic greenhouse, expansive organic garden and bee colony ensconced in nature. The event will feature live music, an open bar and a special tour, along with an outdoor lunch that incorporates items harvested directly from The Sprouting Project. This event is included as part of the Fish to Fork VIP and Weekend Package experience.
Don't miss this spectacular event that celebrates the local catch and culinary mastery in gorgeous venues. Plus, all proceeds benefit The James Beard Foundation scholarship program to support aspiring young chefs. Event tickets and packages are still available.
- All Fish to Fork energy culminates in The Main Event on Saturday evening (May 7), when chefs compete in individual and group challenges live from Magnolia Garden. The evening will include live music and a full open bar. Guests can sample signature dishes across a variety of stations and watch chefs race to incorporate a secret ingredient during the "Chef Showdown" Group Challenge, after which all guests can vote for their favorite. Access is available through individual tickets or as part of the Fish to Fork VIP, Weekend and Main Event Packages.
Even if you can't make it to Fish to Fork, you can still enjoy exploring Amelia Island and basking on her shores with the "Extra Sun, Extra Fun
" special, which offers up to $250 in resort credits.