There's so much to unpack when this Victorian-inspired holiday festival returns to Amelia Island. Inspired by “A Christmas Carol,” Dickens on Centre
transforms downtown Fernandina into a classic English village, sure to enliven your Christmas spirit from December 8-11. Book your stay
1) Kick off the weekend with a parade. America's Youth
lights up downtown Fernandina Beach with the annual Lighted Christmas Parade
celebrating "A Musical Christmas" Thursday, 6pm.
2) Saint Nick will arrive for the Dickens on Centre Opening Ceremony,
held on the main stage and featuring a reading of 'Twas The Night Before Christmas.' Friday, 6pm.
3) Experience a candlelight Victorian Evensong.
Service includes prayers and music from the Victorian era, as well as Advent and Christmas music. Friday, 5:30pm, St. Peter's Episcopal Church.
4) 'A Christmas Carol Musical'
is on stage at Amelia Community Theatre
. A lighthearted musical interpretation of Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol with music from all genres including gospel, country, rock and jazz. Friday and Saturday at 8pm, 2pm on Sunday.
5) Animal lovers and fans of holiday cuteness won't want to miss the Nassau Humane Society's annual Parade of Paws
where beloved pets are decked out in their holiday best for a festive stroll up and down Centre Street. Saturday at 11am, starts at Amelia Island Welcome Center.
6) Find fun for all ages at the Kids' Zone
on 2nd Street, with games including Hoop & Stick, Ornament Toss, Lifesized Chess, Holiday Corn Hole, and more. Write a letter to St. Nick and take a complimentary mini train ride. All weekend
7) Take the perfect holiday photo with St. Nick
himself. Boston Photography will be in the pocket park to capture the magic. Friday, 7pm-9pm, Saturday and Sunday, 11am-1pm 3-6pm
8) All aboard the St. Nick's Breakfast Express
. Enjoy breakfast with St. Nick and see his magical Christmas village and train displays. Saturday, 10am. Amelia Island Women's Club, 201 Jean Lafitte Blvd, Fernandina Beach, FL
9) The stage will resound with an eclectic lineup of musical delights
including Dueling Pianos, the Charlie Walker Band, Crescendo Amelia, Yancy Clegg, Gabriel Arnold, and more. Out on Centre Street, you'll also enjoy the sounds of Voices of St. Augustine Carolers & Joey & Jeanie throughout the event. Take a look at the full entertainment lineup here
. All weekend.
10) See 'A Christmas Carol' as never before with a one-man performance by Jason Woods
, an actor who brings over 25 characters and this enduring classic to life on the main stage. Saturday, 6:30pm.
11) Stroll through Amelia Island's storied past with a complimentary Museum of History Walking Tour
12) There's no more enchanting place to do your holiday shopping.
Treasures abound with vendors and artists along Centre Street and on Artist Alley on North 2nd Street (brought to your by the Island Art Association.) All weekend.
MAKE YOUR PLANS:
Discover all the holiday fun on Amelia Island
Take a look at Amelia Island special offers